DRAFT TUBE GATE
The components of the draft tube gate system are those features that directly or indirectly contribute to the effectiveness of the maintenance and dewatering operations. The system is made up of the draft tube gates itself along with the gate operating equipment.
- Draft Tube Gate: Also referred to as stop logs or bulkhead gates, these assemblies are used to block water so that construction, maintenance, or repair work can be accomplished in a dry environment. These gates are stored in a secure storage yard,positioned by a crane, and dropped into slots on the pier, which is sometimes integrated with the dam, to form a wall against the water.
- Draft Tube Gate Seals: Gate seals function to close off the open gap between the edge of a movable gate and a fixed sealing surface so as to prevent any water from passing through the interface. The seals are typically rubber material, and formed from a flat strip of rubber, or shaped by a molding or extrusion process.
- Draft Tube Gate Hoists: Hoists are mechanical (electrically or manually driven),hydraulic (oil or water), or pneumatically operated machines used to raise and lower in place heavy water control features such as gates and stop logs. A lifting beam attachin gthe gate to the hoist is commonly a key component of the hoist system for draft tubegates.
- Draft Tube Gate Bearing Structure: Openings are formed in reinforced concrete wallswith dedicated piers at the edge of the openings to hold the draft tube gates in place.Slots are configured in the concrete piers to match the size and geometry of the edges of the gate to allow for a tight fit.
Performance/Efficiency & Capability -
Oriented Best Practices Monitor leakage and functionality of the draft tube gates and include findings inthe plant’s unit performance records. The plant should routinely monitor and maintain a record of unit performance at the Current Performance Level (CPL).
Reliability/Operations & Maintenance -
- Oriented Best Practices Develop a routine inspection and maintenance plan.
- Routinely inspect draft tube gates, seals, hoists, and bearing structure components for degradation.
- Trend draft tube gates, seals, hoists and bearing structure components for degradation and adjust life expectancy accordingly to ensure that the system has the appropriate degree of functional reliability.
- Routinely inspect and maintain draft tube gate operating hoist and lift equipment.
- Maintain documentation of Installed Performance Level (IPL) and update when modification to equipment is made (e.g. gate seal replacement/repair, concrete piers/slots upgrade).
- Include industry knowledge for modern draft tube gate system components and maintenance practices to plant engineering standards.
Specification of Draft tube gate-
Draft tube gates are manufactured and erected by us with all IS Material according to Design and Drawings at Site or Workshop at the time of Fabrication and Tests shall be Carried out by our Quality Control Lab and Relevant Equipments.